Thursday, November 3, 2016

Oh The weather outside is weather!

1. Outside the Window: What’s the weather outside your window doing right now? If that’s not inspiring, what’s the weather like somewhere you wish you could be?

I live in Gunnison, Colorado. One of the coldest places in the lower 48!! I must admit, as a pedestrian year round, I do sometimes feel like I could stand to live some place warmer, or occasionally feel motivated to get my license and a car in a near future point in time. Despite that, though, I would not live anywhere else... or at least right now this is a great place for me to be able to do what I want and need to do in order to grow as an individual adult! 
The weather so far for the month of November has been quite... warm? A little rainy, maybe? It is currently dark, and when I went outside an hour or two ago to collect my laundry from the laundry room it was clear and warm. Much better temperature wise than one might expect for this time of year in the middle of the mountains. I will not complain! 
When I got to work this morning it was only 20F, and I whined a little about how cold I was to my snapchat followers/friends (aaskaja)... but in all honestly, after several years of living in this town, I ~know~ it will just be colder next month, and even colder in January! (Can anyone say "negative 20 or colder" ? eeeep!) I guess if it really bothered me that much I wouldn't have stayed here after school was over! 

I wish it was snowing though! I adore the snow and honestly do not think I could live in a place that doesn't get any snow! It's just so pretty. I know a lot of people who are ready for the ski/snowboard season, but I do not even though either of those sports... YET! if we get a good season I will definitely have to try a go out in the snowy world. I bought a snowboard last season and need boots and a helmet for this season. I also would like to do some snowshoeing, sledding/tubing, maybe try cross country skiing... Just fucking DIVE into the snow culture! (which some of it I was part of, growing up in Wisconsin, but I haven't really done much of since I was a younger version of myself). Even though being cold sucks, I also want to do some ice fishing this winter! Like I said, dive into this winter wonderland. 

Don't get me wrong, being warm, and not wet from the snow is pretty awesome... and I think I have survived so well because I have plenty of solo activities that are indoors, and keep me busy. I taught myself to crochet a few years ago, love love love movies, reading is stellar, and as I begin working out more I have plenty of videos to do at home (Honestly, prefer getting my workout on in my own home). 

Between working more, and going out less due to not wanting to walk anywhere because it's too cold... I might actually save up some money this winter!  I'm pretty interested in that. And between never wanting to leave my place and needing something to do, so working out more often... may I begin to look less like I'm constantly 4 month pregnant... that'd also be an okay thing.  But there is only so much one can say about the current weather, and future weather, and weather in general before things just get super repetitive! So long! May the internet or friends provide much better writing prompts in the near future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment